Thursday 14 February 2013

Do I need an International Driving Permit?

Do I need an International Driving Permit to drive a hire car in Florida? In short, YES, you do!
This has been the topic of conversion across forums and social media sites in the last week and has been a question that we have been swamped with. In fact we are quite surprised at the lack of communication there has been to inform anyone of this … we weren’t informed and even the car hire companies did not appear to be aware of this??
However, after some extensive research it has come to light that if you have a UK driving license and you are planning on driving in Florida then you will need an International Driving Permit(IDP). This came into action on the 1st January 2013 and can be purchased from your local post office - currently priced at £5.50.
As it stands we are aware that this is just a law that has been implemented in the state of Florida, however there may be a possibility that it will be adopted in other states so be sure to check with your local post office if you plan on driving in the USA.
You will find more information on this at your local Post Office and The AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog post. Please ensure that your comments are on topic and never offensive. All comment are moderated and those that do not comply with our request will not be published.